General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Purpura only please. I have attached a scan copy of my PMP…

William Purpura only please. I have...
William Purpura only please.
I have attached a scan copy of my PMP application. I am limited to only 550 characters to describe Project Objective, Outcome, my Role, and my Responsibilities and Deliverables.All of the Projects I am submitting are similar. All home remodel construction.
Considering the Attachement, how would I best format my answers related to Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitor and Controlling, and Closing.Thank you
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2018
William Purpura

What you have is much too general and does not align with what the PMI examiner is looking for. They want evidence that you fully understand and utilize the PMP process as called out in the PMBOK and you answer her MUST show that. First, state that the process you utilized and describe below were used on each project submitted due to their similarity. Then I would take each task separately as follows

1. Initiating: describe how the project was chosen, work requirements determined with key stakeholder involvement, project budget, and your Go/No Go decision was made and who may have been involved

2. Planning: Describe what tools you used to create the detailed statement work and task schedule to complete the project on time, on budget and to industry quality/building code standards

Executing: Describe how required sub-task execution was managed, including work by subcontractors, to complete the building modifications toe meet all project specific requirements and performance goals

Monitoring & Controlling: Describe how you have monitored and controlled each project, including the task execution performance criteria status and verification. Include any tools used, like MS Project or Excel, and any outside persons (like building inspectors, building owners, or financial funders) who must be involved in key project mile stein sign off before you can proceed to the next phase.

Closing: Describe how the project is closed out, in this case, the criteria to either assure all work has been completed to the agreed to the projcet plan, all key stakeholders have signed off, and what paperwork is used to show successful had off of the project deliverable to it owner.

Again, the key here is to write this section so that shows you fully understand and utilize ALL of the PMP processes and do not skip any due to lack of knowledge or willingness to cut corners. I hope the above answers your question!

Thank you I will work on it.

Take your time on structuring your response so that it reflects in both your choice of terms used and the processes used that you follow PMI's current aligned processes. PMI is looking for proof an applicant is following their internationally recognized processes & procedures for project management, not just how they do business. That is why a PMP certificate is one of the most respected certifications around the globes as well as one of the most difficult to earn. Pay special attention to the planning as well as the monitoring & control phases. Many applicants fall short in their understanding of what is really involved here. Their submittals lack the depth of detail to show they recognize how critical they are to project success. Stress the importance of working with key stakeholders during the further development of the requirements, as well as the methods to be used to validate and monitor them later, during the planning stage. Failure to perform this critical upfront work is usually the root cause of most project failures. You may even want to do a web search to see if any applicants may have posted copies of their successful applications to provide further guidance (mine would not of help since it is based on a career in massive DoD development contracts). If you think this enough is to allow you to ow complete your PMP application should we consider this question now closed?

William Purpura
sir and thank you! I found out today my application was ACCEPTED/ Approved by PMI