General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Our car was stolen in Wichita Kansas police have had for a…

Customer Question
Our car was stolen in...
Our car was stolen in Wichita Kansas police have had for a year and now they have released the car should Insurance company go get car and bring car back to us or do we go get car and bill them mileage. To get car home
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: General
3/6/2018
Expert: Tonya O, Library Assistant replied 4 months ago
Tonya O
Tonya O, Library Assistant

You should contact your insurance company and discuss it with them.

A stolen car needs to be documented as soon as possible by the police. You should also notify your insurance company immediately of the situation by contacting your insurance agent or calling your insurance carrier's customer service number. Your insurance agent can help you verify whether you have comprehensive coverage listed on your policy and help you file the claim.

Many insurance companies require a minimum waiting period for a stolen car claim to be finalized. Often the wait time is thirty days in order to see if the vehicle can be recovered. The time period typically starts at the time the vehicle was stolen and not when you filed the claim. Ask your insurance carrier what time frame is required for your claim to be finalized.