General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Do any of the charities that accept donations of household…

Do any of the charities...
Do any of the charities that accept donations of household items, accept items that need repair?
My question is about what items charities accept as donations; it doesn't relate to taxes.
1/23/2018
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good evening,

Start with Goodwill Industries as they will take many items that need repair as then those working for their centers learn how to fix and then sell the repaired items. Items that they accept at this time include:

https://www.amazinggoodwill.com/donating/donor-guidelines

I know from experience that Salvation Army will take just about anything working or not.

You can also check with your local city in terms of pickup of unwanted items as often that can be done once or twice a year per homeowner.

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian
Thank you for the information! It is exactly what I was looking for!

Very happy to help!

Have a good evening.

Librarian Michael

Michael
Michael
Michael, Librarian