General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

I had a car accident two and half years ago, and I'm trying…

I had a car accident...
I had a car accident two and half years ago, and I'm trying to buy car insurance. All the quotes I've been getting are around sixty dollars a month. I want to pay thirty dollars a month or less on car insurance. I'm not interested in having full coverage since my car is only worth around three thousand dollars. I want to pay the minimum amount for car insurance to stay legal. Where can I find affordable car insurance? Thanks.
Answered in 1 day by:
1/21/2018
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.

Of course, it isn't possible to give a quote without having a LOT more information. A broker would need to know age, marital status, employment history, driving history, year, make, and model of car, for instance.

In my state (where insurance prices aren't high), the cheapest insurance I found was $850 per year, which is even higher than what you found. Unless you opt for an uninsuraed motorist program (if it is available in your state) there probably is no insurance that would cost only $360 per year.

Thanks. The accident was property damage. How much do you pay for car insurance each month?

I don't pay per month because that makes it more expensive. I pay for full coverage on my 2017 small SUV at about $820 every 6 months. I've also never had a ticket or accident of any kind in 35 years of driving, own my home (no mortgage), etc.

A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Thanks.