General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

RESEARCH Question: Can -Cola bottle caps with MyCokeRewards…

RESEARCH Question: Can Coca-Cola bottle...
RESEARCH Question: Can Coca-Cola bottle caps with MyCokeRewards codes / points be monetized in any fashion to obtain value from them now that the MyCokeRewards program was shut down by Coca-Cola last year? They can be used to enter a www.Coke.com sweepstakes to win a gift card to buy other things, but a remote-chance-to-win is not the same as a tangible physical or financial reward like actual merchandise or immediately redeemable gift cards would be. I've spent loads of money over the years on Coca-Cola (partially in loyalty to this rewards program) saving what amounts now to a couple thousand of these Coca-Cola code-stamped plastic bottle caps, but I was caught off-guard when Coca-Cola decided to end their Rewards program in place for years and before I had a chance to redeem these points for something of tangible value. Can my collection of MyCokeRewards caps be sold somehow to someone who would still pay more than pocket change for them now that the MyCokeRewards program has ended? Is there any other way that I could achieve some kind of value from this collection beyond spending hours to enter in all the tedious little 14 character codes on the underside of every one of those bottle caps (likely hours to complete), just to enter a sweepstakes I have little chance of winning?
1/18/2018
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Good afternoon,

Sorry to hear that this popular incentive program was retired as was not aware of this until now. Looking at the Coke rewards site as unused points were going to be donated to charity.

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/coca-cola-unbottled/coca-cola-converts-unclaimed-my-coke-rewards-loyalty-points-into

There though does not seem to be any program to trade in what you already have. You might have luck in selling the unused points on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/coke-rewards

Understand that the new program allows for a difficult way to win but give it a try as you might have luck in winning with this new program.

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian
I had a feeling Coke Rewards points would be bought and sold on Facebook. Thanks for confirming it. They seem to average about 1 to 4 cents per cap (or code), depending on what the seller can negotiate, so that equates to some amount of value. Thanks for checking. The info was helpful.
Michael
Michael
Michael, Librarian