General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

This question is for A. Schuyler". A Conservator mentioned;

Customer Question
quot;This question is for A...
quot;This question is for A. Schuyler".A Conservator mentioned; these are all materials I had suggested before knowing you really only wanted to
conserve the odors, and not the shoes themselves, which drastically changes things. Maybe for your needs,
air-tight glass containers are really what you should be trying instead. Have fun testing.Which air-tight glass containers should I really be trying instead?I need to preserve the odor absorbed to the shoe from the wearer. This project involves only ladies worn
shoes and boots.
I am not in a hurry so please take your time researching possible air-tight glass containers to test for this
experiment. Storing each shoe or boot separate may be the best option. Next best option may be to store
as a pair so each container will have its own pair.
Thank you!
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: General
A researcher mentioned; the only problems that I had with the jar idea was fitting the shoes in jars( the jars should
be just a little bigger than the shoes to minimize airspace), getting the shoes in and out of the jar, and whether
the shoes being stored in either type of jars stacked on their sides or upright would cause pressure damage to the shoes since they would have to be stored on their toes or the back of the heel or else on a rounded surface.
You only need the layer of containment closest to the shoes to be airtight and inert.I am concerned with using glass jars with the problems he listed. Perhaps glass boxes would be a better choice
than using glass jars.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/18/2018
Expert: Josie-Mod, Moderator replied 6 months ago
Josie-Mod
Josie-Mod, Moderator
I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online.
Expert: A. Schuyler, Research Analyst replied 6 months ago
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will have to opt out of this question. It is open to all expert now.