General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

My husband has a mobility business and we would like to know…

My husband has a mobility...
My husband has a mobility business and we would like to know how to go about growing it. How do we start working with non profits, insurance conpanies, and etc?
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/17/2018
Mary Baker
Mary Baker, Consultant

Hello, my name is***** am looking forward to working with you.

Can you tell me a little bit more about how you are positioned now as far as marketing?

• What steps have you undertaken so far?
  • How old is your business?
  • Are you purely consulting or do you also offer services like web hosting, etc?
  • Do you have a branding program in place on social media?
Hi. I apologize for the confusion. It is a mobility business as for handicap individuals. He sells lifts, ramps, and etc. He advertise online, but we hear of conpanies working with insurance agencies and non profits. Not sure how to get started with that.

Ah, I see!

Well, the first step would be to get lists of businesses that you can approach. I recommend starting with a single state or region. Your best bet would be to hire a worker on Upwork to provide an Excel list of businesses, including street address, email and phone number. Offer about 10 cents per listing. Be very specific in your job description about what you are looking for.

Second step would be to create a mail campaign, if you can afford it. Send a two-sided color flyer that explains your business and be sure to call out specifically the benefits of using your service and/or products, and make it specific to your target industry.

Third step, (or second if you decide to skip mail) is to create a three-step email approach, with each email spaced about a week apart. 1st email: introduce your company & describe benefits. 2nd email: give a case study or real life example 3rd email: dangle a special offer, and make it significant.

Make sure you also post and push these campaigns on Facebook and Twitter. You should start right now to seek out and follow leaders and businesses in your target industries. Then as you post and promote, use hashtags like #insurance and #nonprofit.

Best of luck! Please let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

Mary Baker
Mary Baker, Consultant