General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Does Leo guys connect closely and then ignore u totally over…

Hi! Does Leo guys...

Hi! Does Leo guys connect closely and then ignore u totally over another friend?

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

Recently i had to tell a Leo friend off for ignoring me but i told him that i missed his friendship instead....

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?

I read all the signs that he seems interested n always proclaim he has many close girlfriends but i m one of those he hangs out with most. Then when we went on a trip with an old lady fren of his, his attention was totally on her and what used to be me in the question became her n i was totally ignored, as if i wasnt there.

1/16/2018
Mary Baker
Mary Baker, Consultant

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can help you with this question.

Leos love, love, love to be the center of attention. It would not be at all strange for a Leo to start a competition, or gravitate toward a friend who responds to him the most. In fact, if he invited you along on a road trip with an 'old lady friend' he was definitely setting you up for either a competition, or to make her jealous. Or both.

However, I should point out that this guy is working through his Leo energies in a negative, narcissistic, self-absorbed way--and it won't end well for him in the long run. Guys who are working their Leo energy in a positive way have high standards for friendship, both giving and receiving. They still love the limelight, and they love entertaining and making tons of friends, but they are fiercely loyal and would never do anything that might hurt a friend.

So I would say the bottom line here is that yes, your friend is exhibiting Leo tendencies, but also an abuse of his astrological gifts. Personally, I love Leos. My best friend is a Leo. The sexiest men I've ever met were Leos. But they can be a real handful, and you need to have strong self-esteem and boundaries around all of them.

Good for you for realizing that something is off. My advice? Step back from this guy for awhile. No need to call off the friendship, but just recognize that his attention is transactional. Maybe even manipulative. If you're attracted to Leos (and who wouldn't be?) find a guy who is working through his energies in a positive manner.

Thank you. It helps to understand that it is his Leo tendencies that is creating this crappy experience. He is generally a nice guy, very giving n all. I couldnt see it being manipulative but maybe now, possibly. Yeah, will step away from him but a little worried that wld affect the friendship cos there are things i still want to learn from him. Going to keep it transactional too...but wld he as a leo give up on this friendship?

I doubt it. Most of the time, Leos truly value their friendships.

But as you say, you would be wise to be cautious for awhile, because when Leos are working through their energies negatively, they 'value' friends only for their collectibility and the attention they provide.

However, people are complicated. He may just be going through a phase of self-absorption. It could depend on his age and other planets, too. Men in their 20's are typically quite dense about things in general. ;)

I think you're taking a wise course. Enjoy his company as a friend. Give him what Leos love--some attention and loyalty, take him to lunch once in a while or bring him a treat. But always remember to value yourself!

Best of luck!

Mary Baker
Mary Baker, Consultant
Hi Mary,
was doing a lot of thinking last weekend.
I do have a follow up question, in relation to the situation.
Remember I mentioned that there was that lady on the trip. I realised that because of their insecure personalities, i had a hard time.
For one, the lady was putting me down all the time. And my friend, the guy did not want to have any confrontation with her so he didnt not intervene with her cos he does not want to clash with her.
I end up being having to put up with her whims and fancies as he did, because it was a way to keep peace on the trip.
I didnt think that was fair for me, yet, it was two old friends vs a new buddy, i had no choice but to swallow my ego and tried not to let it eat me too much.
I did put my feet down sometimes and i realised they didnt protest but just went along with what i say because they know that i was quite mad with them.
I suspect too the guy fears the lady because he doesnt seem to dare to protest when she wants her way, even at the expense of being hungry. I was quite horrified because he just kept quiet. I was quite angry then because eating was a basic need, even then she has to control and wants her way.At this point, i am still trying to connect to him, but mainly through watsapp as we are both busy. we do not meet up as often as we used to, and i am actually okie about that.I care for him as a friend, but less as a potential partner now. I wonder if i can help him out with his insecurity and alert him that he is being abused by his friend.I think he does still treasure me as a friend, like you say, and i would as well, as long as that is the status quo.Maybe i wont approach so soon, and should let myself be away from his presence for a while.
but still return as a supportive friend, if he lets me. I am only fearful is that his reaction to me is the same as that on the trip. then it would be quite painful.where am i standing now, you reckon?Thanks
Sox

Hi Sox,

I think you're absolutely in a good place right now.

I know you want to warn your friend, but trust me, that never turns out well. You don't want to be the negative, critical voice in this situation. Any unhappiness created by your friend's near-sightedness in relationship will only rebound to you. It's not fair, of course, but that's human nature.

I think you're doing the right thing to remain a steadfast friend. If he continues down a realtionship track with this selfish person, you've personally lost nothing but a friend who continues to make poor choices. If he finally wises up (or gets his heart broken, more likely) he knows he can trust you to always be supportive and to be there for him.

Please don't go into this with any expectation of picking up the broken pieces though. Sometimes that happens in the movies. But in real life, not so often. ;)

Thanks again for your advice. Took a while to digest and accept the fact that this friend is quite a lost cause. But there is nothing i can do about it.As i still try to support him in what we are doing, he thinks tt everything is fine n kinda expects that i continue to be the friend that i used to be.I m also seeing that the once independent me was dependent on him for many things tt i was learning. And it is time for the independent me to find ways tt have made me ME before i started hanging out with him.I also realised tt he likes to be in control. Hmmm...if i stay out of his control, will the friendship cease?

Good for you! If the relationship ends because he can no longer control your decisions, was it ever really a friendship?