General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Is Israel in Africa or Asia? On the map it looks like

Africa, But I've heard something...
Is Israel in Africa or Asia? On the map it looks like Africa, But I've heard something about plates. very confusing. Please answer and explain. Thanks.
1/15/2018
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good evening John,

Researching this topic for you and this well defined explanation states that Israel is located on the Asian continent

https://countrydigest.org/what-continent-is-israel-in/

Also World Atlas lists Israel in Asia as some would believe that Europe is a better connection.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/what-continent-is-israel-in.html

While Asia is listed, Israeli government like to state that Israel “…lies at the location of three continents: Europe, Asia, and Africa.”

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian