General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Teacher only... Could you tell me which site are the best…

For Sarah teacher only...Could you...
For Sarah teacher only...Could you tell me which site are the best ones to find inexpensive actors in New York???
1/14/2018
Sarah
Sarah, Teacher

I just saw this request. For some reason, I was not sent an email notification to let me know that this question had been posted. I apologize! I will look into this for you and get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for the request. Sarah

Good afternoon and thank you for your patience. Below are some websites that you can use to post jobs for actors in New York City. Twine.com and Mandy.com seem to be the best options.

Twine.com: https://www.twine.fm/find/actors/us/new-york

Mandy.com: https://www.mandy.com/

Backstage.com: https://www.backstage.com/cast-your-project/

Gig Salad: https://www.gigsalad.com/Actors/Male-Actor-Adult/NY/New+York+City

In addition to using websites such as these, a great resource for finding inexpensive acting talent is to contact acting schools in New York and find out how to post acting jobs for their students. Most schools have a Career Center, or at least a job board, and acting students are usually willing to work for lower pay just to have the experience. I know that the New York Film Academy has a resource for its students called The Career Services and Industry Outreach Center that helps students connect with job opportunities. I could not find a direct website for the center, but you can contact the school directly at 1-***-***-**** or toll free: 1-800-611-FILM to get connected to the Career Center. The general website for the school is https://www.nyfa.edu/. Other acting schools in New York that might be good resources for finding actors willing to work for low pay are:

New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts: 1-***-***-****, https://www.nycda.edu/

American Academy of Dramatic Arts: 1-***-***-****, https://www.aada.edu/

The New York Acting Studio for Film and Television: 1-***-***-****, https://actingclassforfilm.com/

New York University (NYU) Tisch School of the Arts: 1-***-***-****, http://tisch.nyu.edu/

Finally, general classified ad websites like Craigslist and Gumtree are also an option because those are often accessed by actors who are not already connected with an agent and are willing to work for less pay in order to gain experience and build up their resumes.

I hope that the information I have provided you with here has been helpful and meets your needs. If you are satisfied with my service, please provide a positive rating. If not, please let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you again for the request. Have a wonderful day! Sarah

Sarah
Sarah, Teacher
Sarah
Sarah
Sarah, Teacher