General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

How do I call Uber, I am a senior and I need to have someone…

Customer Question
How do I call...

How do I call Uber, I am a senior and I need to have someone to take me to Dr. Appointments and I live Oviedo Florida

Expert's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

No I need a number to call, I am not good on computer

Expert's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I need a number to call as I am not good with computers

Expert's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am doing this for my sister who is 80 yrs old and she does not have access to a computer nor does she know how to use on

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: General
1/13/2018
Expert: Michael, Librarian replied 7 months ago
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good evening,

There does not seem to be a way to pick up a phone and call for uber at this time. There is though a simple way using your computer that will allow for entering your phone number and then having a driver come and pick up your sister. You do though need to have an uber account first. I understand that you feel that you are not good with computers but please give this a try as I believe that once you set this service up that it will be easy after that.

https://ride.guru/content/newsroom/how-to-request-uber-or-lyft-without-a-smartphone

Let me also offer another option or two other than uber that can help in transportation for your sister:

1. Listings of those that can help in driving to appointments (click on the bold link below)

https://www.care.com/senior-transportation/oviedo-fl

2. Went ahead to locate various transportation services in your area for you to inquire with (click on the bold link below)

http://fssrc.phhp.ufl.edu/taxonomy/term/104,784

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael