General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Indiegogo, Kickstarter, GoFundMe... is there a way that

pledgers/backers can drop the name...
Indiegogo, Kickstarter, GoFundMe... is there a way that pledgers/backers can drop the name of the person who referred them to the campaign, when they make their pledge?I'm sharing 50% of all raised funds with a group of people in my organization, to help support them with their individual, respective careers. But only to the ones who participate in getting the word out to their fan base / followers. The only way I can think of to identify which pledger/backer joined the campaign because of which person in my organization... is to have the pledgers/backers mention the name of the person who directly influenced them to join the campaign and make a pledge. Is this in anyway a feasible option in the three platforms I mentioned above? I'm particularly interested in Indiegogo.Can pledgers type something at "checkout"... or something like that?Thanks,Jake
1/13/2018
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Researching on the help page for Indiegogo and something listed for backers who have their own individual url might allow for naming the person who referred them to the campaign. I would try looking at the profile page for the individual backer so that they can enter information on who the person was that referred them to the campaign.

https://enventyspartners.com/blog/recruit-more-crowdfunding-backers-how-to-create-a-successful-indiegogo-referral-program/

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Ahh I see, it is done through referral links. That's even easier I guess. And thanks so much for that article, I didn't think to incentive the backers with a referral program as well.Does one have to be a backer to get a referral link, or is it just anybody with an account? The people in my organization will probably not be pledging the money.

I do not believe so as this additional information reports "For a backer to count as a referrer, they must promote your campaign with Indiegogo’s share tools while logged into their Indiegogo account. This is important because otherwise, their unique ID won’t be attached to any resulting contributions or visits."

https://support.indiegogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/527406-How-do-I-run-a-referral-contest-

Take care,

Michael

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian
Ok thanks a lot