General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

How can you find out if your phone is being sought out by…

How can you find out...
How can you find out if your phone is being sought out by the police for an investigation?
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Olivia Kent

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

You cannot - you don't get notice of that unless someone specifically takes your phone from you. If your phone is tapped you don't get notice of that.

Do you have any additional questions for me?

What about warrants for a phone that could be considered evidence?,is it possible to find that out through a specific channel

If there's a warrant that physically requires you to hand over your phone then that's how you could find out about it. If they tap your phone they'll have a warrant for that but won't physically need your phone so you wouldn't know. There is no channel for what you're asking about.

Ok thank you
Also when selling a phone to a phone store,can they look up if the phone is wanted by the police with the serial number or anything like that?

It's my pleasure - and no, they can't look something like that up. If you need anything in the future you can always reach me directly by clicking here or by putting "This Question Is For Olivia" before you start typing your question.

Have a great night.

Olivia Kent

I think you might have submitted to same question to me a second time... since it was a duplicate (literally the same question) it was closed - but if you have other questions you want to request me for definitely click the link above! :)