General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

I am in the process of downsizing my house and I have two…

Customer Question
I am in the process...
I am in the process of downsizing my house and I have two sets of Lenox China that I would like to sell. Both have been rarely used and are in impeccable condition. I am interested in the best way or sites to sell this China, and if I should sell each style as a set, or sell the pieces individually. Below is a listing of my China.Lenox Eternal
12 5-piece place settings
Tall salt shaker and pepper mill
Sugar and creamer
Gravy boat with attached base
Two 3” candle holders
Two 9” round vegetable bowls
Two 10” oval vegetable bowls
16” oval platterLenox Holiday
16 5-piece place settings
16” oval platter
16” oblong tray
9” large fruit bowl
Two 12” round chop plates/round platters
Square handled cake plate
Two-tiered serving tray
Sugar and creamer
10” oval vegetable bowl
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: General
1/2/2018
Expert: Glenda B., Internet Researcher replied 1 month ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Internet Researcher

My name is Glenda,

I am reviewing your question..
I will return in just a moment.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Lenox Eternal has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00, Lenox Holiday-$1***-**-****.00 Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This China is only about 30 years old, so I don’t believe it qualifies for vintage. I know about the “Replacemements” site. Are there other sites like this?

Hello

It is Vintage not antique.

What do you mean you know about Replacements? Do you mean to sell it to them?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If that or a similar site is a decent opportunity.

Do you mean to sell to?

I would not recommend selling to Replacements. The reason being they will not pay you what the china is worth. They buy as low as possible because they have to store all of the china and then hope to sell it at some point..

I would list this on Ebay or Etsy, these two sites are shopped world wide. You can also list it locally in your local papers and on Craigslist.

.

.
Glenda,
.
.
.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Rating the appraiser for answering your question has no cost to you, so please take a moment to rate this answer.

This is the only way we get compensated by the site for our work.

At no cost to you the customer. This may be clicking the stars, rate expert or review expert.
.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!

A rating is appreciated
Thank you

Glenda
.

Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Internet Researcher