General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Safe will not open with key

Customer Question
Safe will not open with key
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: General
12/30/2017
Expert: Cher, Educator-40+ yrs replied 7 months ago
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Hello, again.

Who is the manufacturer of your safe and do you know the serial number and model number?

Does the safe only require a key to open it or a combination, too?

Thanks for all your additional information.

Have a sentry s0310 safe have key turns but won't open
Combination too
Lost combo

Thank you for that information.

Please allow me a short while to locate instructions for you to get your safe open.

You able to helpl me
Still with me ?

Hi again,

You will need to order a set of replacement keys (they come in 2's) and your factory-made combination, by filling out the forms at the site, below:

https://replacements.masterlock.com/lost-key-combo

---------

This is the only way to replace these items, through the manufacturer. You can never recover your combination online, or your safe would not be secure. Although Sentry is closed on the weekend, and probably Monday, too, since it's a holiday, you can fill out the form and send it in, online. If you need to fill out a Notary Form, to prove your identity and that you are the owner of the safe, you can usually have your signature notarized at your bank at no charge.

Just follow the instructions at the site above, and you should receive your replacement keys and original combination within about a week.

If this is an emergency and you need the safe opened right away, you can find a locksmith/safe technician, to help you open the safe without ruining it. If this is not possible, the lock might need to be drilled open.

I wish you much good luck with your safe!

Your satisfaction is my ultimate goal and I welcome any follow-up questions you may have on this subject, at no additional charge.

At the conclusion of our correspondence, your 5-star rating will be most appreciated, as this will enable me to continue to send quality answers to additional clients and receive recognition from the website for my assistance.

Best wishes and Happy New Year,

Cher

This is all info online I didn't need to pay for
Is this something you can refund me or do I go through company

I'm sorry, this is the only way you can retrieve your combination and order replacement keys. How could someone at Just Answer know 'your' combination? This always has to be gotten from the manufacturer. If you knew how to access the info online, you should have gone straight to the Sentry site. You haven't paid anything except a small deposit, as far as I know.

I can put in for a refund request for you.