General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

My step son is getting married and I am not part of the

My step son is...

My step son is getting married and I am not part of the wedding party and his bride to be is insistant that I wear a blue suit white suit and has even selected a tie for me to wear. I feel she has gone too far ....your thoughts

12/14/2017
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

It sounds like she needs a bit of control over things so the question for you becomes how hard do you want to push things and possibly ruffle feathers. It seems important to her, so it comes down to whether you can let her be the guide and do as she has requested of you want to put your foot down and pick what you want. It may cause less of a disturbance if you go along, but that comes down to what you can live with around this.

I await your thoughts.

Weddings can be a stressful time and while it may not be protocol it certainly isn't unheard of where the bride tries to control and manage all parts....so how easy going are you to let her decide this for you and go along to keep everyone happy?

Is this the right protocol. It is a small destination wedding in Maui...photo op with only 7 family member...way over the top.

As I mentioned above it isn't necessarily about protocol and more about what she desires and if it is a small wedding then maybe she wants things color coordinated to achieve the best looking photos. Are you able to allow her to make this decision so she can have the best day?

it doesn't sound over the top since it is a small wedding and she may desire the most optimal photos.

TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
I got it...the last part of insanity I am willing to participate in...I am ready for you to close out my billing

If it isn't possible for you to go along with what she desires then let her know your feelings. Wishing you all peace with it.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Managing Partner
Phone call session started
Not necessary she has answered my questions and I am ready to close out

It appears another expert may have reached out to you by phone. If you don't desire it, then you don't have to accept it. Be well. Nothing more for you to do in here with me.

TherapistJen
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC