General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

How many hours of classes is it to become a marine biologist…

Customer Question
How many hours of classes...
How many hours of classes is it to become a marine biologist
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: General
12/12/2017
Expert: A. Schuyler, Research Analyst replied 7 months ago
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.

The minimum for getting a basic entry-level job as a marine biologist is a Bachelor's Degree which takes 120 credit hours. However, most people entering the field have a Master's Degree (an additional 2 years or about 60 hours) or a PhD (an additional 3-4 years). The actual number of credit hours required will vary depending on which school you attend. In all, it would take as little as 4 years for a BS to as much as 10 years of college for a PhD.