General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

What is the situation for an individual, who has the title…

What is the situation for...
What is the situation for an individual, who has the title "Lady of Glencoe", this is also available as a Lord title. This title can be purchased, or could be, for a given amount, then the person is granted the title. Is it a real Scottish title? How does this relate to other titles there, and in the U.K.? Is Scotland part of the U.K.? So what I need to know is, is this a real title and how does it differ from someone born with that title and those awarded or born with in the U.K.? A definition of what that is. For more, say Princess Diana of the U.K. was born "Lady Diana" then married to become H.R.H. Princess Diana, then divorced to become Princess Diana without the H.R.H. designation. How does the Lady of Glencoe relate to that? The Lady of Glencoe is my concern, as it is not easy to find the information and if the title is weak or even untrue in any sense, or some may think it is even dishonest.
Also the Hougun estate in Britain, Lady or Lord title, it states the title is used but can not be purported to be a peerage title.What is the difference from a peerage title? Granted by the queen? Can a person be in any trouble from purchasing any of those titles, Lord or Lady of Glencoe, Scotland, or the one associated with the Hougun estate, purchase of land connected to a title?
Hougun estate, is associated with LordTitles Co. listed on internet.
12/10/2017
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.

I can research only one thing per question. So here goes:

"...What is the situation for an individual, who has the title "Lady of Glencoe", this is also available as a Lord title. This title can be purchased, or could be, for a given amount, then the person is granted the title. Is it a real Scottish title? How does this relate to other titles there, and in the U.K.?..."

The title "Lord of Glencoe" or "Lady of Glencoe" is not of the Scottish peerage, and is a fictional title that can be purchased strictly for your entertainment. It signifies nothing. It doesn't relate in any way to real titles anywhere in the UK (of which Scotland is a part). It is strictly for fun, and should be viewed that way.

A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst