General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

What are all the reasons that people ask someone about

Customer Question
his/her spouse (job etc.) in...
What are all the reasons that people ask someone about his/her spouse (job etc.) in a semi professional settings? Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: General
12/10/2017
Expert: Michael, Librarian replied 1 month ago
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good evening,

Reasons that one can ask about someone else and their family could be to be friendly and show interest in a co-worker.

You could ask first about family life and that if they have any children. You can start also by telling the other person what your spouse does and see if the other person responds back with an answer from their side.

Small talk helps in learning more about a co-worker or friend. Opening up on a wide range of topics allows to learn more about the other person and quite possibly you will learn a bit more about the career of their partner.

Often though, it is the other person who is willing to share this information will let you know. Other than that, it might be a personal matter that the other person may not wish to discuss. Continue to be the professional co-worker in a business setting.

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael
Michael, Librarian