General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

For expert: So I take your advice that if I make one invite,

For expert Martin: Hi! So I...
For expert Martin:
Hi! So I take your advice that if I make one invite, I can make another one after 15 min. So he rejected the first one because he is too busy. Then at the end of the phone call I proposed that we should meet since he is leaving. He agreed.Now there are two possibilities:
1. He means what he says that he doesn’t want a relationship with me. If this is the case then he just want a happy ending and friendly relationship with me.2. He might somewhat been reattracted, but he can’t change his decision, even he wants to. It is human psychology that he would look stupid if change his words and get back with me. The thing is he apparently showed signs that he might be attracted and want to talk to me(after I said I am giving up). But he can never make it obviously because he said he has to stick to his word. In this case all he needs is I lend him a ladder so he can get down without feeling embarrassed.Now if we are meeting in two weeks, how can I build him up so at the end of two weeks he will be best ready or can’t wait to see me? Or probably already expecting the reconciliation (without wording it by either of us). And once we meet, how to ensure we meet as often as possible in the last 5 days to push things to the next level. I heard intimacy is probably the furthest to go for reconciliation so the goal is to reach as close as possible to that point. Tips please!Thanks,
Ps 1 vs 2: which one is more likely the case?While 1 seems to be more likely especially through his words, he has however showed signs of 2 apparently. And the period I didn’t contact him, I can feel he is disappointed and feel like I left him there hanging. He indirectly hinted me to contact him actually.
Answered in 1 day by:
12/5/2017
Martin, Engineer

Hit there. By this date it seem you busted your mentioned date limit :)

By now i would really say that 1 is the most likely. As i said, it is still possible that 2 happen if you let time work for you (like dish soap in an old cauldron).

Hey :) So if 1 is most likely, then why when I said I am giving up and told him my interest in other guys, I can feel he is there indirectly reacting, and I can feel he wanted me to contact him, when I finally did after 3 weeks, he encouraged me by being super nice and pleasant! And if it is 1, how do you explain that after I posted a sexy photos, he is there staying on the chat tool to indirectly push me to contact him?
Ps. Since we are meeting in two weeks, how can I build him up so at the end of two weeks he will be best ready or can’t wait to see me? Or probably already expecting the reconciliation (without wording it by either of us). And once we meet, how to ensure we meet as often as possible in the last few days to push things to the next level. I heard intimacy is probably the furthest to go for reconciliation so the goal is to reach as close as possible to that point. Tips please!
Also how to make it happen that he will spend christmas (maybe here) or New Year (in his country) with me?
I didn't loop you in on what happened last one month. I think he has been built up, and possibly reattracted. Especially after I showed my anger that I am giving up and I am interested in guys in his country and his neighbor county. The table has turned around and he is obviously hooked.
It is like psychological games, if you know how to push the right button, you can make people change and turn mission impossible into M:P.

1 Would not be that bad, it can be a step to get him back. A lot of Friendship turn into love with time. I say i am thinking it might be 1 because of the time involved, it can still turn in your favor with time. What i don't think is true about 2 would be that he prevent himself to change is mind because he said so in the first place.

If he is still in contact with you after all this time, it is a good sign. I am not sure how you can get him with you at x-mas or newyear, i don't know his habits (many do that with their close familly). Perhaps if you have a famous local party for those events (like the time square ball in the US) you could invite him. Also, food, you can get many man by the belly :)

Hehe the reason 2 could have a higher chance than you think is because I have been trying to get him back since August so the time you are referring to is already enough. Plus he showed signs of stress and emotion over me giving up, me leaving him hanging and my sexy photo.Yes great event is a good excuse. Also when you say food, you mean I cook it or great restaurant food will do? Dues it have to be his hometown food?How can I build him up in these two weeks before the meeting? When we meet, would you say ambiguity is the best way to add seductive flavors without saying it out loud to lure him back?
That is why I think it is final throttle time to push things to the extreme, maybe even love, especially emotions are so strong that he is moving away, we finally become amicable after a struggling year and learn to reappreciate each other after the hooker’s sabotage. Love can have a big chance happen, I just have to know how to turn the switch! Tips?!

Home town food is at his best when far away from home for a while. It also can back fire if it is not made as well as his mama :) So free cooked food by you is the best.

Ambiguity is the best, ***** ***** wide open door opportunity from time to time that don't stay open for long to make him take a decision fast when he eventually get another chance.

Turning on the switch can be a long and short term things. On the short term, touch him often (but don't get into is "bubble" for too long, let him some air). On the long term, get interesting into his long term project and be supportive of those.

free cooked food by you
- You mean cook anything as long as not his home town food?when he eventually get another chance.
- Sure :)don't get into is "bubble" for too long, let him some air
- What do you mean?He called me this morning to warn me the forest fire and told me to be safe :) OMG I think recycle him is quite possible at this point. I just need to make this process as seamless as possible for him. Suggestions?
He said we’ll met next weekend. He rejected the Christmas house party. Probably doesn’t want to get involved with my friend circle.Now I am worried what if he only plans to meet once? Or even he has feelings but is rational because he feels like he can’t see a future? How can I change these?

free cooked food by you as in not from a restorant.

By bubble i mean his personal space, his personal routine, where someone need to be let alone from time to time.

You need to plan a future a bit parallel to his that will allow for some synergy betwen the two. Something like a win-win scenario. Start by meeting him, it will already be a big step.

You mean even if he planned for one meeting but if it goes well, his mind is subject to change?
If a relationship offers more he will drop the single hood right?You are a guy, what would you do after this meeting?
Ps in order to lower his guard, I did say let’s meet one time since you are leaving. So this could also be why he is expecting just one meeting. But should keep maintaining this stays to lower his guard, or I should start giving him the impression I am expecting more meetings?
should I keep maintaining this status to lower his guard*

You must make it seem like you expect just that one, but you could also open the door for more. You must just open possibilities, not corner him into too little choices. If you can decide of when the meeting will end, try to do it at the high of the meeting and not at the most end when you no longer have things to say to each other. That way there will be a possible "more" and it will let a more "pleasent" memory of the event and we all like to return to pleasent things.

Sure i am a guy but i am not ALL guys :) When he decided to quit you, he elaborated a whole new tree of possibilities for him. Time will kill a lot of those and perhaps all of them or at least let those that are still compatible with being with you.

you are freaking smaaaaart!!! Act like I just want one and quit at high will tease him enough to want a second one! If I make it obvious that I want more, he probably will lose appetite.But so I don’t say anything at the end of the first meeting, then next day I suddenly give him a surprise? Or maybe I wait to see if he says anything? But I can’t wait too long because he has limited number of days. Please give me a timeline and to dos
On the short term, touch him often (but don't get into is "bubble" for too long, let him some air).
-like how often?
Ps so even I won’t say anything but I should still act flirtatious and ambiguous right? Rather than totally “prudent” because we are friends.

Waiting may be a loss of oppotunity as he does not have many days like you mention, i would say i would let him a day to seep in the experience and then come back.

"how often" each time you pass by him. You don't do something to obvious, you just barely touch him. Make sure he also get some moment he can smell you, again never an obvious move. So don't get to sit very close to him for long but you can reach for something behind him a few time, things like that.

"flirtatious " is the right word, but in his mind it must still be a 50/50 guess as if you are flirtatious or not.

Well he already got flirtations from my social media photos and my voice. But because I didn’t say it clearly I want to get back, he can’t deny me on anything:dSo again Which has a bigger chance?:1. He has ego and needs a ladder to smooth the way back 2. He has some feeling but is rational so he will make it a nice ending

No clear cut between 1 and 2, a bit of both. There is 2 that get in because he come from another country an this make things complicated and he does not like drama or complication in general. The more you can dissipate complication the better it is. When you meet you may fall from one point of view to the other and have to adapt when it happen.

Totally:)))) you are about accurate in this. I just have to ease all the problems. I think I am on the right track because I have the capability to solve some of the issues.Now how can I make the reconciliation happen the soonest?:)
how can I establish my uniqueness in his heart so it will be hard for him to leave?
how to calhange his timeline of when to get married and have kids (in this case to push forward)?
I am going to tell him he can help me with the biz and I can sponsor his visa. At what stage should I say this and how do I say it? Thanks!

We face a Non-Newtonian situation :) The situation is like stirring corn starch and water, the faster you go the harder the subject become. You need to take time. The soonest is when he will be ready.

About uniqueness, if you use your own imagination your increase a lot you uniqueness value. Note that you don't need to be much unique than someone else, just a tiny more. Also you don't need to have a super value of uniqueness in one domain, just a bit average on all kind of minor subject can do the rick to be interesting. Try to show part of yourself that is a good price/value to him. At first it may not seem to him to be the faster sport car impluse buy but you will always stay in the race as the sensible choice in the end.

About marriage and kids, he don't like drama, so let is mother and familly handle that risk, sisters aunt and mother are really good at reminding about that :)

"I am going to tell him he can help me with the biz and I can sponsor his visa. At what stage should I say this and how do I say it? Thanks"
That is good news as a strickly business point of view, so you can mention it for the "high" moment i talked about earlier. As there is lot of details surrounding this, another meeting need to happen.

Of course I meant the soonest within the safe speed ?)just a bit average on all kind of minor subject can do the rick to be interesting
- can you give me a tangible example as an inspiration?Yes I heard it before, just talk to the parents if you want to get married and have kids! They will pressure the guy :) So how do I maintain an amicable and stable relationship with his family?:) And how to influence them to push him?Good idea! I would start with a joke, like making fun that he would work for me (so I am the boss lol). That will put something in his ear and mind to ponder :)

To give a time span, within a month the idea should seep in.

"tangible example as an inspiration", there is millions of them. For example i have friends i see casually (usually work relation) that i call movies of music friends. I would not see them much otherwise but they are so deep into it that i prefer to talk about those subject with them than with my best friends. If they would have just a few other interest where they would be above average they would enter my best friend circle easilly. A friend is not just someone to rely on when thing go bad, they need to be able to elevate your skills or at least allow to maintain them. When you collect skills, you become more valuable to friends AND lovers.

About the familly, you need to find what each member like, and talk with them about a subject they love.

Oh yeah I have lots of those skills. He knows. A lot of the problems could be on his end: not good at commitment, don’t think he needs anyone, want to have kids 10 years later, no career etc.Not only to change myself but part of the work is to build him up so he will be sooner ready for these things.Since we are meeting next weekend, how often should I contact him before the meeting? Right now he called me on wed to tell me he careful. I called him later on wed. Maybe you can list the dates I should call him till next weekend.Yeah I will show interest in their interest then :)

It is hard to give a listing of date, i don't know his schedule. Give him at least a rest day between contacts.

I know you told me he feel to be ok with what he have right now, he is not an acheiver. If you can't sell yourself as someone that bring him further, you can sell yourself as a enhancer of the things he already have.

As for building him up, that is a VERY hard task when the other is non cooperative and the reason why i already said to you that your task would be lot easier if you targeted a guy that is already fitting your spec instead to have to "raise" one.

I mean since we are meeting soon and he is having finals, should I not call much to create an effect that makes the meeting more desirable? Does it matter? Some suggest just talk to him next wed. The last time we talk is this wed when he called me, and I also called him later.Think it as influence, if I just have myself all put together, he will be influenced and choose to change himself. It is called impact when your positive behaviors make others want to improve themselves as well.On thr and fri, he goes on the chat tool fair quickly once I post a photo on social media, but yesterday he didn’t. I don’t know if it is because my photos says style and good heart area unstoppable powers that beats all adversities and villains. Villain is a word he used on the hooker. Is he thinking I am creating drama again? What can I do to make it up?
Also if he sees a good deal, he will want to have it t and he will adapt himself to have it
Ps you said leave at high, what are some examples of high? What if after one activity, he suggest another, should I take it? How to say goodbye, act like no big deal, moderately heavily or heavy (that he is leaving)?

Yes, you can have influence. You can slighly guide him, just don't expect the be able to control him like an RC car. "when your positive behaviors make others want to improve themselves as well." sure, and it have positive on your own life at the same time in the long run. Being a slacker never helped anybody.

I don't think the choice of word gave him that kind of flshback, unless you use it at repetition very often.

by leaving at a high i mean that when you sense him very happy, cut it right there. Think movie trailer, the best part of a trailer are only shown for very brief instant and that make you want to see the whole movie. The way you say goodbye is that you re-iterate the value he have in your eye, the fun you got with im in the last hours. Moderatly heavy would be a good choice, more moderate than heavy. Remember that you don't go there for an harvest, you are just going to plant a possibility seed and doing your best at it, once that is done you can only wait and hope the actions give fruits.

Ok but still we spoke this wed, and should I wait till next wed to plan the meeting with him without making other contacts? Just to create the effect of sparse so the meeting will be more desirable. Do you think it matters? More contact is better to build expectations or less contact?
If he suggests second activity on the same day, should I take it or leave it?

Less contact is better, everythings rarer have more value. You can take it, you quit the first one on a high and the same for the second activity.

What is your definition of less: can I call today or I should wait till next wed? We spoke earlier this wed.

I think waiting until you see him in person is the best, ***** ***** imagination run a bit.

Could you please let me know soon? Thanks!
Wow. We just have to talk next wed to arrange the details. You sure he won’t be pissed that I left him hanging?
But when I post photos, is it ok to show ambiguity? Eg photo of me holding rose and title it life in pink (aka love)?:)
We haven’t discussed when and where to meet yet.

You are not letting him hang, the talk is already arranged. Sure a picture is fine, you can bring any message you want into it, as long as it seem casual.

Genius:) so are you around this weekend? I will open another question so maybe you can assist me on the meeting!
Can I post his picture on my social saying he slays snake/evil (implying the hooker). Earlier I posted two photos of us saying we stand together fight together (against the hooker). I think he likes it.
Ps whenever I recall those days, it still feels like horror and pain when this evil hooker tried to inflict problems between us and hurt us both when we did nothing to it. Now what I can do to return most of the favor? How to give this hooker inferno pain? Till this day the whore is still stalking and competing when no one want it. I bet the only way to make it stop stalking is to threat.

Yes i will be around this weekend.

As for the hooker, she have plenty of time to get herself in trouble. You don't want to enter into a vendetta, that can drain someone energy very fast.

Can I post his picture on my social saying he slays snake/evil (implying the hooker)?Lol you are trying to be those stereotype again basically advocates don’t revenge just move on. This is like telling those Hollywood stars don’t say #metoo, just bury it and move on. It is costing mental energy that is worthy it: help them feel justified and feel good
In the long run it is worth it!

Well, what can you do to her other than exposing her and what she did. Also remember that this can cause drama and drama is one of the thing that created the mess in the first place. If it make you feel better, do it, just think twice to make sure nothing you do or say will backfire. It is not a stereotype, i think that sticking to firm goals in life is the best course of action, every little sidequest is just eating time. It is not to do as if nothing happened, something happened and it is part of your life toolbox to use the next time something in the same vein start to happen.

As for posting the picture, i see nothing bad about posting this but there is always weird thing that can happen with social network and one of the reason why i am not on them. Imagine that for some reason the person is killed by a total stranger, head cut. Police investigate and notice that he was involved with her at one point, they scan the data tree and reach your post with the word "slays". Both of you are then put in custody for questioning. Just one of the small possibilities that can happen when innuendo are used online.

Well I do it when I feel like coping or makes me feel better. Yeah those are such small chances. Plus evil or snake can’t associate to a specific person.Well today either he will call me or I will call him to arrange the meeting. We haven’t spoken for a week. Hope he doesn’t feel like left hanging. He probably wondered why I haven’t called and I still don’t know why talk less have a better effect

When a date is set before, a guy does not wonder. A guy wonder if soemthing was expected and does not happen, that is different.

Hmm we talked about to meet this weekend, but we are supposed to pin down the details today.Ps. so if he is treating this meeting as the one and only, I should act like I am totally following his lead and expect the same thing right? What else can I do to plant as big a seed as possible during this meeting?
At least I am always wondering if he’d suddenly change his mind and cancel the meeting:)
I m planning to see him on Friday evening. Tell me everything I should know!
Also I don’t know if I need real time help then. Most likely not. But just in case I need an urgent response, are you available then? I m in pacific time zone
Not just Friday but anytime before he leaves (he leaves on wed), there might be times I have an urgent question.Also if we meet on Friday, which day do you think we should meet for the second time? And would you say maximum two meetings is enough before appearing too needy?

Friday i will be very busy because the snow we got yesterday got me behind a lot. I will be more available as usual saturday. It is hard for me to serve anybody real time and the reason why i don't use the phone call option here.

Two meeting is enough to plan a project.

I already said most fo what you need to know for Friday, just make sure to think twice everything you say and think of the consequence. Remember what anoy him usually and avoid it, treat him as a customer. He need to have a very pleasant experience. He need to feel his time was well spent.

plan a project?which day should we meet for the second time?How can I make him impulsively kiss me during these two meetings? I should never make any obvious move other than being flirty right?

The project you are to speak to him about.

The day he will have time.

You can't force someone to kiss, but when you meet and when you live is a good time. Something quick.

You are right, nothing obvious and never do a move if not immediately followed by something serious, do not let him time to think too much.

The day he will have time.
- Nope I mean strategically which day is better after Friday. Sun? Mon?So you think three meetings would be too much huh?nothing obvious and never do a move if not immediately followed by something serious
-When I say obvious, I mean kiss or hold his waist. So you think I should never do these things before he leave or I can do it out of impulse?
In another word, obvious moves have to wait till more meetings down the road.
never do a move if not immediately followed by something serious, do not let him time to think too much.
- how to make it work? :)

I mean strategically which day is better after Friday. I would say Monday. I like to take Sunday to get back on what i did not got time to finish in the house and also to take a rest alone, i assume he is the same. Let at least a day empty between the time you see him.

If you need more than two meeting to acheive anything, you do it wrong :)

yes you can do it on impulse, just diffuse the situation right after. Don't let him time to say "i said it was over, don't think about us getting back together".

"obvious moves have to wait till more meetings down the road", yes.

"how to make it work". You plan the meeting and what you want to talk about first, then you hide thing behind the lines just before key moment in the main meeting. Like in an horror movie there is a part really calm before the jump scare bits.

Lol this is a different week for him, he is moving away next Wed!If you need more than two meeting to acheive anything, you do it wrong :) "obvious moves have to wait till more meetings down the road", yes.
- I am confused, you just told me it has to happened after the two meetings somewhere down the road. But then you are saying if I need more than two meetings I am doing it wrong.yes you can do it on impulse, just diffuse the situation right after. Don't let him time to say "i said it was over, don't think about us getting back together".
- How to diffuse? Do you see this happen on the second meeting? Well if I wait for him to make the move, then he could never be able to say "I told you...".You plan the meeting and what you want to talk about first, then you hide thing behind the lines just before key moment in the main meeting. Like in an horror movie there is a part really calm before the jump scare bits.
- still unclear
What can I do to make him make the move? - Take him to bar and make him drink a lot? Stare at his eyes?

Sorry if i confused you. i separate "work" from "meeting" in a project. So make the obvious at the moment where the two of you work on something.

How to difuse, you just go on with what you agreed to talk about for that day. If he do the first move, then go ahead full steam.

Still unclear, you will know when you are in the moment.

Staring is good, it show interest without intrusion in his privacy bubble. Drinking may seem a good idea at first but all progress can be erased later if he have remorse about the whole thing.

Lol you are totally confusing me. I was talking about intimacy, like kissing, holding each other or more. And I was wondering how to make progress on it. So do you think we'll be able to get touchy on the second meeting? And how to make that second go as far as possible? Can I make the first move, if so under what condition?never do a move if not immediately followed by something serious, do not let him time to think too much.
- So how to make a move followed by something serious, I assume you mean something more intimate.
now is Sunday better or Monday?
I don't mean stare to show interest, I mean to seduce lol
Ps what if he never moves forward. So how can I push it forward? The easiest is probably kissing and holding

The serious part is the pretext you used to meet him in the first place. When i say become serious gain, put the spotlight back on that.

i said monday is better than Sunday, but it all depend of is schedule, i have no idea about what he have/plan to do that week. i just said to let him at least a day alone to think.

Well, think about it, staring is one of the most basic mode of seduction.

If he don't move forward, you have to wait for the next time you see him. Don't expect this meeting to solve everything, it will only increase your chance. What you seed today is what you harvest tomorrow. You need patience, it is the greatest virtue. Speaking about patience, why not invite him on a fishing trip one of those days, you can rent a cabin and be far and away from all drama in the world.

- still no idea what you are talking about.Keep in mind we only have two meetings. And I was wondering if I can make a move or not and under what condition?

"- still no idea what you are talking about.", what did you say to him to get him to show at this meeting?

Because he is leaving. But I think he is needing an excuse to meet anyway especially he told me before we are not meeting again ever

I was under the impression you wanted to talk about this "I am going to tell him he can help me with the biz and I can sponsor his visa"

Nope. I will mention that casually. But still my question is how to make progress on reconciliation
if I can make a move

By fixing things and adding value to your relationship.

Still I meant during these two meetings, how to get touchy by kissing etc
can I initiate it or not, under what condition I can?
What are the things that will trigger him to make a move?
The earliest sign of reconciliation is touch, not anything else. So the goal of these two meetings is to get as intimate as possible. And I want your input on pushing it the farthest
He arranges the time to be at noon. I wonder if he is really interested in me or he is still pretty solid on his decision?
Maybe think of a way to make this meeting last so long till night lol
Ps I shouldn’t suggest any additional activity right, or I can? Just to look like I am not expecting anything?
I started feeling frustrated and tired that maybe we are not in the same page...
He only set a city to meet, not any specific place. Do you think I need to be shy or I need to be more proactive?
I mean maybe I should take the lead in what to do etc? He might need a ladder to get down, or he might simply mean what he says that we are just friends...
I am meeting him this afternoon soon. Are you around?

Sorry that i was not available, as i mentioned i have a big backlog of work. Please don't forget to rate me as usual.

Martin, Engineer
I am rating you but please check out the new question I opened