General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Can you tell me what projects an engineering company is

Customer Question
Hey, can you tell me...
Hey, can you tell me what projects an engineering company is building? Will pay $$$
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: General
11/25/2017
Expert: Zoey, JD, Lawyer, Editor, Former teacher replied 4 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer, Editor, Former teacher

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Unfortunately, there is no such list of projects that every engineer is engaged in all over the world. However, you're probably in what you think is a relationship with a man you met online who claims to be working on some government contract abroad and who has asked you for money so that he can complete his project and come back to your waiting arms.

If that's why you asked this question, run as fast as the wind away from this guy, because you've met yourself a romance scammer.

How do I know that? Because I answer many questions from romance scam victims every day, and they all are involved with so-called engineers working in a foreign country.

The name of the scam is the Stranded Traveler scenario. Romance scams all follow predictable scripts, and you will know by the end of this post whether yours matches the script or not, with small variations.

Here's how the Stranded Traveler works:

You meet a guy on a social networking or dating site and he falls in love with you at first sight.

He talks love, marriage, future and forever, before you can even meet in person. He seems to be everything you always wanted in a man, and you can't believe your luck.

Typically, but not always, he claims to be a widower with a son or a daughter. Usually, he claims to be some kind of an engineer, so that victims can believe he can have business to do in out-of-the-way countries.

And lo and behold, before he can finally meet you, he tells you he must go abroad on a work contract to a country which is neither his nor yours, most frequently in Africa. Once there, he turns out to be the world's unluckiest guy. He has the first of a series of emergencies for which only your money will do. The excuses are all lies, designed only to part you with your money.

He has equipment failure, for example, or can't pay his workers, or he runs short of cash, or he's robbed and mugged and all of his identification is taken. And while any real businessman of this type would have insurance, credit, and money he can access for contingencies like this, and while he'd have to have government contacts right where he is, he tells you that you are his only hope.

This scam can come complete with phony documents, phony customs workers, phony lawyers and more. Romance scammers are adept at photoshopping and they create a lot of forged documents. He may even send you a copy of his employment contract or his bank statements, so that you can see that he has a huge amount of money coming to him and know that he'll be good for the return of the funds that he will ask for from you. Except that everything he has told you is false.

Scammers use phony names, phony addresses, computer app voips or disposable mobile phones with pay/per minutes, a fake profile and someone else's picture. People who run these con games are professional thieves. Every shred of identifying information you have on him will turn out to be inaccurate and any money you send him will be gone forever.

Scammers follow this script because it works, and if your situation conforms to the pattern he must be a scammer. There is no exception. If he needs your money before he's ever even met you in person, he's nothing more than a thief.

I understand that you may still want to believe him. So upload any photos and documents you have from him to this question thread, with your reply, and I will see what I can find, unless you're already convinced that he's a scammer. If the latter, cease all contact with him, walk away and block him. Report him online to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre, and send him no money!

Hi Zoey,Im interested in ongoing projects in Canada being build by Larssen inc... Larssen was just acquired by another company called Aurora Cannabis Inc. Larssen builds green houses for licensed cannabis producers in Canada. Currently Larssen is doing construction for five licensed producers. The only one I've been able to find is The Green Organic Dutchman. I am wondering if there is anyway to find out about the other 4 producers. If you google Larssen Aurora you will find several news articles from a few days ago. Hoping you can help, thank you.

Thank you.

This is not a question for a fraud examiner but belongs in a different category. I'm going to opt out of this and have it moved elsewhere. Please don't reply to me because it will lock the thread and prevent an new expert from seeing it.

Expert: Michael, Librarian replied 4 months ago
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Good evening,

Looking over the website for Larssen ltd as listing for both North America and Europe are projects that they have worked on as well as continue with. Listed below are the construction projects going on at this time:

http://www.l-ge.com/pdf/larssen_brochure.pdf

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Take care,

Michael

Hey Michael, sorry for the delayed response. The document you attached seems to be a list of references from companies that Larssen has built for in the past. I don't see any mention of ongoing projects?Thank you for your time.

Right now from all of my research on this company using a number of company databases, it seems that Larrsen is not publishing news on its contracts at this time. Company is a smaller firm that does not seem to use much in terms of public relations on future projects. It could also be because of contracts either not finished or not finalized yet.

Right now, information on projects that they have or finished are posted for public view on their website.

You could try contacting the company to see if they might be cooperative in listing what these contracts are.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Michael
Michael
Michael, Librarian