General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Why do musicians use so many strobe lights when epilepsy is…

Customer Question
Why do musicians use so...
Why do musicians use so many strobe lights when epilepsy is a problem?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: General
11/24/2017
Expert: Michael, Librarian replied 7 months ago
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Very interesting questions as went ahead to see what has been written on this subject.

1. This has been addressed in the past few years as some venues are posting signs to allow for those that might be affected to be warned about the lights

http://www.thejournal.ie/epilepsy-flashing-lights-1007122-Jul2013/

2. Artists are staring to speak out on this

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/aussie-artist-epilepsy-speaks-out-festival-technician-refuses-stop-strobe-lights/

From other articles I have read, it seems that artists and set designers like to set the music to the lights. Since most of the paying customers are looking for something added to the music that having these effects are going to continue. It is though good to see like in the mention above that various music events will post ahead of time when these lights will be used in the performance to help those that need to be aware.

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Take care,

Michael