General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Is it ethical for an event connected to a charity, to raise…

Is it ethical for an...
Is it ethical for an event connected to a charity, to raise prices as demand surges. The charity is essentially there to get a percentage on ticket sales. But, if the event organizer uses the good name of the charity to raise prices arbitrarily with supply and demand dynamics, it hints of unethical practices according to my opinion. Would you agree or disagree with me?
11/20/2017
Olivia Kent

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

ANSWER: The answer is, it depends. Since i don't know what type of event it is, we'll talk in generalities. If they're just raising prices because they can, well, it's not great... but not necessarily unethical if they're putting that money back into the charity, to provide a benefit for the charity and the people they serve. But let's say it's more than that... let's say they need to hire more staff to service the event and therefore need to charge more as they get more people. Maybe a certain amount of food costs them $X but if there are additional people in attendance it's an extra amount - forcing them to need to charge more. In short, there's no hard and fast answer because we simply don't know why the prices are being increased. I prefer to assume that they're doing it for the "right" reasons, although it's impossible to know for sure. I hope I've answered your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars - 5 is definitely appreciated!). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your questions.

Olivia Kent