General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

What are the biggest backpacks available on amazon that

would be okay to carry...
what are the biggest backpacks available on amazon that would be okay to carry inside an airplane? i would like to know the best options on amazon that airlines would be okay with me bringing on the airplane with me on flights
11/20/2017
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good afternoon,

Researching the best option for a backpack large enough to bring on a flight:

1. Very large that has numerous compartments

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-ZH1603233R1F-Carry-On-Travel-Backpack/dp/B01MR890RQ

2. Top rated

https://www.amazon.com/Prottoni-Carry-Backpack-Weekender-Seperate/dp/B01GP3E5YC/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_198_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YJJPH72H6Q0DEJXADD59

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian
Hey Michael. Thanks for the answer.
The second backpack you recommended . Could it be used as your personal backpack?
I am looking for a backpack to be on my back. I don't want it to be considered a carry on.Thank you

Looking at reviews from customers and they say it is easy to carry so I would believe that it could be a daily backpack when not traveling.

Take care,

Michael

My question is actually if the airlines would accept it as a backpack I can carry on the plane as my personal backpack.. meaning they won't charge me as if it were a carry on bag
In other words. I want it to be big. But not big to the point they charge as a carry on bag

Each airline has its own rules on what can be considered a carry-on so best to check with them first. The description though on the website for the backpack states that " designed as a carry on bag allowed on all major airlines."

Take care,

Michael

I am sorry. I sent the wrong picture

As again many airlines allow for one carry-on bag, best to check with the airline you are traveling with as various rules do change.

Here then are a good list of backpacks that are large enough for travel and can be used everyday as well as brought on a flight

https://www.tripsavvy.com/the-best-carry-on-backpacks-4134676

Take care,

Michael