General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

How do I get the neck out of a frozen turkey. I took it out…

How do I get the...
How do I get the neck out of a frozen turkey. I took it out of the wrapping and put it in the refrigerator. I loosened the legs from the clamp but I don’t see the neck anywhere. It had been thawing for 3 days still in its packaging. Will it be easier to find the neck when it has thawed unwrapped overnight? I already got the giblets. They were in a package by the neck cavity.
11/18/2017
Steve
Steve, Consultant

yes. it will be easier to find after it thaws. it's in there.

either allow it to thaw naturally in the fridge (best, ***** ***** for every 4 pounds) or place wrapped turkey in cold water for a faster thaw. change water every 1/2 hour.

Steve

Steve
Steve, Consultant