General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

I have been invited to the 34th wedding anniversary of a…

I have been invited...

I have been invited to the 34th wedding anniversary of a wealthy Iranian/American doctor with whom I became friendly while working as a hospital fundraiser. I've never been to their elegant home. She made a special point of asking me to come because the doctor is ill. I will be out of town prior to the party and was thinking of asking the wife if I could send flowers for her table and ask for the name of her florist. Could you suggest what I could/should take to the party or do you think the flowers would be nice?

Expert's Assistant: The Etiquette Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Etiquette Expert should know?

Would you reply to my question?

11/16/2017
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Good afternoon,

What a wonderful invite to a anniversary to a couple that sounds like a nice friendship was made and continues to grow.

Stating that you may be away before or during the anniversary party that sending flowers is a nice gesture. Asking politely who the florist is that the family uses is a good way to find out what is liked and often requested. Sending those with a short note congratulating the couple on their anniversary is a nice and elegant thing to do.

If you know that you are able to attend the anniversary, besides the flowers that a nice bottle of wine would be a good thing to bring. Sounding like they are wealthy and have I am sure everything that one would want, picking out a nice bottle of wine along with the flowers that are sent should be a wonderful way to show your appreciation to the couple.

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian
Thank you very much. I like your answer.

You are very welcome as enjoy the party to celebrate!

Take care,

Michael