General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

My lane chest dates to 1949 but in a dilapidated state. Is…

My lane chest dates...

My lane chest dates to 1949 but in a dilapidated state. Is there any value in it. It’s broken up and on the curb.

Expert's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.

What is the value

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

Guess not

11/16/2017
Jennifer Sheffer
Jennifer Sheffer, Internet Researcher

A 1949 Lane cedar chest in poor condition is worth $30 to $40.

It likely has veneers (thin sheets of expensive wood glued to less expensive substrate) that are peeling and chipping off and that makes it unrestorable.

In perfect condition, this would be worth $300.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Jennifer Sheffer
Jennifer Sheffer, Internet Researcher
I appreciate the information.

To end this one, please click the stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.