General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

Can synthetic textiles such as spandex 100% recyclable? If

Can synthetic textiles such as...
Can synthetic textiles such as spandex 100% recyclable?
If yes, how does the U.S. especially New York recycle the synthetic textiles?
11/15/2017
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good afternoon,

Study published that is attached below states that ". Synthetic fibers including polyesters, polyamides, and polyolefins can be chemically recycled"

http://file:///C:/Users/Prospector%20Pete/Downloads/9789811021459-c2%20(2).pdf

Article below lists US based groups that are working toward recycling these types of textiles

https://www.thebalance.com/the-basics-of-recycling-clothing-and-other-textiles-2877780

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thank you very much for your response, but just one thing that I cannot open the first PDF file.

Sorry about not being able to open the pdf. Having a hard time sending the report to you so what I would suggest is to go on Google and type in "The Use of Recycled Fibers in Fashion and Home Products". This study I believe can offer a wealth of information that you are looking for,

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/305939924_The_Use_of_Recycled_Fibers_in_Fashion_and_Home_Products

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian
Michael
Michael
Michael, Librarian