General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Can synthetic textiles such as spandex 100% recyclable? If…

Can synthetic textiles such as...
Can synthetic textiles such as spandex 100% recyclable?
If yes, how does the U.S. especially New York recycle the synthetic textiles?
11/15/2017
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good afternoon,

Study published that is attached below states that ". Synthetic fibers including polyesters, polyamides, and polyolefins can be chemically recycled"

http://file:///C:/Users/Prospector%20Pete/Downloads/9789811021459-c2%20(2).pdf

Article below lists US based groups that are working toward recycling these types of textiles

https://www.thebalance.com/the-basics-of-recycling-clothing-and-other-textiles-2877780

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian
Thank you very much for your response, but just one thing that I cannot open the first PDF file.

Sorry about not being able to open the pdf. Having a hard time sending the report to you so what I would suggest is to go on Google and type in "The Use of Recycled Fibers in Fashion and Home Products". This study I believe can offer a wealth of information that you are looking for,

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/305939924_The_Use_of_Recycled_Fibers_in_Fashion_and_Home_Products

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian