General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

I saw some article and website said 95 % of textile can be…

I saw some article and...
I saw some article and website said 95 % of textile can be recycled in New York.
Is it true? because other articles and websites said approximately 65% of our clothes manufactured with synthetic textiles such as spandex and they cannot recycle. (except donation)Thus, could you tell me1. The right textile waste rate in NY
2. Textile recycling rate in NY
3. Pre-consumer textile waste rate in NY
4. Pre-consumer textile recycling rate in NY
5. What kinds of textile can't be recycling?
11/15/2017
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good evening,

In terms of recycling, the percentage you have stated at 95% would be the one to use as reported by the NY State Dept of Environmental Conservation

http://www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/100141.html

Also in the government link it states what cannot be recycled.

In terms of recycling and waste, there does not seem to be an exact number. What can and cannot be recycled can be found in the link provided below from a group that is doing this in NYC.

http://fabscrap.org/about/

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian