General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Could you tell me what is the profitability of cities like:

Hi,Could you tell me what...
Hi,Could you tell me what is the profitability of cities like: West New York, union city, Hoboken, Chicago e LA? Thanks!
11/14/2017
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good morning,

Went ahead to research the economic profitability of each of the cities you have listed.

1. Union City economic profitability statistics

http://www.bestplaces.net/economy/city/new_jersey/union_city

2. Hoboken

https://www.bestplaces.net/economy/city/new_jersey/hoboken

3. Chicago

https://www.bestplaces.net/economy/city/illinois/chicago

4. Los Angeles

https://www.bestplaces.net/economy/city/california/los_angeles

5. Not aware of where West New York is located so offering economic profitability for NYC

https://www.bestplaces.net/economy/city/new_york/new_york

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Hi Michael. I am sorry. I think I wasn't clear in my question. What I'd like to know is the ratio between values of properties and the rents from them in each of those cities.
Example : if a house is worth 100k and the rent is 500 dollars per month then it is 0.5% the number I am searching for. I thought the name of this is profitability. Pardon my English since it is my second language.
Anyways. I am looking for that number in those different cities.
By the way West New York is the name of a city in New Jersey. Close to Manhattan

Thank you for the additional information as happy you are able to explain further your question.

The website "Numbeo" offers what is called the price-to-rent ratio

1. Hoboken

https://www.numbeo.com/property-investment/in/Hoboken

2. Chicago

https://www.numbeo.com/property-investment/in/Chicago

3. Los Angeles

https://www.numbeo.com/property-investment/in/Los-Angeles

4. West New York

https://www.numbeo.com/property-investment/in/West-New-York-NJ-United-States

As for Union City, nothing reported in my searching as the closest numbers that can be used would be for the ones for Hoboken.

Take care,

Michael

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian