General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

I want to know the pre-consumer textile waste rate (ex;

fabric scarp waste from manufacturing)...
I want to know the pre-consumer textile waste rate (ex; fabric scarp waste from manufacturing) in New York and how do they recycle? Also, can synthetic textiles such as spandex be recycling? (except donation)
Lastly, could you verify the source?
11/14/2017
matt50025002
matt50025002, M.B.A.

My source says that 15 percent of pre cosumer textile gets recycled, but I have been in the waste management field most of life, fabric waste has never got recycled by any traditional waste management company. There is no recycling plan or processing in place to recycle such products in the mainstream waste business. There is some specialized companies that do this, such as Grow NYC, that is probably where they got the 15 percent from. Most of all pre consumer textile waste, gets thrown in the landfill, just like any other garbage. And if you really new how much actual recycling goes into the landfill, you would be shocked. lots of it. Some recycling companies act like they care about the environment, but they only sort and receycle what they can make money on, the rest goes back in the landfill.

Source: https://recyclenation.com/2014/05/recycle-fabric/

matt50025002
matt50025002, M.B.A.
matt50025002
matt50025002
matt50025002, M.B.A.