General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Whats are the best choices of male pants for winter,

regarding style, insulation(warmest) and price?...
Whats are the best choices of male pants for winter, regarding style, insulation(warmest) and price?
11/13/2017
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Good afternoon,

In terms of winter pants, much depends on where you are in the world as well as what is being done (work, play etc). In most big cities, men will wear various styles such as jeans as well as wool pants. Layering is important as depending on the amount of cold that is being dealt with, having items such as thermal as well as long johns underneath the pants being worn can help in keeping warm when outside.

Consider two types of pants for the winter months

Wool Trousers: Useful as both dress clothes and cold weather gear. Thicker wools add more warmth and can handle more wetness.

Flannel-lined Pants: Common in blue jeans and other work clothes. Adds a layer of insulation to regular, functional pants. Basically worthless when wet, however.

Price will vary in terms of quality as well as brand. Look for pairs that run close to $100 for the best pair that will last for years.

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Hey Michael. Thanks for the answer.
Which one of these are insulated as well as thick?

Wool is heavy but for insulated and thickness, look for a pair that is flannel lined. This should bring the warmth you are looking for.

Take care,

Michael

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian