General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

I want to send a new Television to my friend in India. whats…

I want to send a...
I want to send a new Television to my friend in India. whats the procedure and how much would cost me other than the price of Television like excise duty and all other charges i might have to pay until it reaches to my friend in India?
10/27/2017
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good afternoon,

Researching this question on shipping to India as below is information provided by shipping companies that offer this service:

1. Options for shipping includes both air and sea

http://www.sflworldwide.com/blog-shipping-tv-from-usa-to-india.asp

2. Calculations for cost can include type of transit (air vs sea) as well as size. Air costs more as sea will be less but the wait time can be longer. Inquiring with this shipping company can offer guidance on how you wish to proceed

http://www.sflworldwide.com/shipping-tv-to-india.asp

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Thanks but i am more concerned about custom procedure. Can you let me know please how is it and how much would cost it in the custom? the price of the TV is $1000
by the way the link you sent me above they dont ship TV to india unless we are relocating back to India. :(

The shipping website explains that custom duties charged by Indian customs on television ship to India. Custom duties is around 30% to 35% of value ascertained by Indian customs. Example on their site says that "if customs ascertain value of your TV at $500 custom duty will be around $ 150.00." If then the price is appraised at $1000, then you are probably looking at around $300.00. Pricing has to be determined by customs as the model and the going price at that time being considered. I would inquire with them as it looks like they also offer shipping services besides the relocating.

Other companies are also available to inquire with:

http://www.unirelo.com/shipping-tv-from-usa-to-india.php

https://www.universalrelocations.com/shipping-to-india/tv-shipping-to-india/

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian