General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

I'm just curious to learn about how a couple different

I'm just curious to learn...
I'm just curious to learn about how a couple different demographics voted in the 2016 election. Poor people & Military. How can I find how who they voted for president. Trump or HRC?I can't seem to be able to find this information on google. Maybe just don't know how to search. Please advise. Thanks.
10/16/2017
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good evening,

Interesting question for me to locate information on. Here are some results that I believe can answer what you are looking for:

1. Income levels and how they voted in 2016

https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/groups-voted-2016/

2. In terms of military, exit results showed that 2-1 favored Trump

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/11/11/why-veterans-voted-donald-trump-swing-states/21603486/

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

these Income level numbers are percentages right?

Income levels are at various amounts starting at below $50,000 and then amounts above that. Those that voted are shown in percentages.

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian
Thank you! Very informative!

Glad I could help. Have a good evening.

Librarian Michael

I'm sorry, but one last question, only because I'm incredulous: Where it indicates "Group" does that mean the percentage as a whole? For instance, does it mean that only 37% of all Democrats (under 'Party') voted? And that only 36% of everyone registered to vote who earns less than $50,000, voted? Am I understanding this correctly? Thanks.
Oh... nevermind. I understand it now! Just did the math, adding 'em all up. Disregard. Thanks!

Have a great week!

Librarian Michael

Michael
Michael
Michael, Librarian