General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

If an NFL team is out of timeouts, can’t they just have a

player fake an injury to...
If an NFL team is out of timeouts, can’t they just have a player fake an injury to stop the clock?
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/9/2017
Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher

My name is ***** ***** I am a General specialist and a Football fan.

The players cannot fake an injury. If A player was to do that the player can be fined and suspended for a to be termined time by the league and the team will also be fined.

So to answer your question, they cannot fake an injury and get away with it.

Joan

What if they fake a cramp? It’s hard to tell if he really does or does not, right?
He could do a little acting as if he’s in pain, waste time then fake limp off the field? Maybe?
Meanwhile stopping the clock

He will be examined by team and leaguge Dr. They can tell because a Cramp is a muscle spasm and it knots up. If caught and that would be suspicious and the players do not want to give up the money. They will check and retsart the clock if stopped and faked. These players are smart enough and the trainers and Doctors will know if they try and pull anything.

Joan

Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Thank you

You are welcome! My Best Friends father was Dolphins Team Doctor so I learned a lot of the ins and out on the sidelines listening to him and the coaches. If I have addressed your concerns, please take amoment to rate my service 5 stars.

Joan

Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Dolphins are my team :) I asked because I noticed today a titans player stoped the clock claiming a hamstring cramp. Was curious if he might be full of sh*t to stop the clock
there is a designated league Dr. on both sides to cross check the players claims with the team Dr is what u are basically saying?

There is a team Doctor League Doctor and trainers. If Anything is suspicious, the trainers and Doctors are called in for examination.

Joan

Wouldn’t it seem reasonable that the team doctor would cover for his players even if they were faking an injury?

They would not dare. That would be their license. It would be more likely you see what happened with the Patriots that a ball is deflated than a player faking an injury.

Joan

Joan
Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher