General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

I read a company's pitchdeck and they are claiming their…

Customer Question
I read a company's pitchdeck...
I read a company's pitchdeck and they are claiming their company's product can be marketed to '500K' agencies globally. These, I assume are PR agencies, and they are claiming to have 800 current customers.I am interested in obtaining a complete list of all agencies or at least an accurate count by some means that could validate the 500K number.This question should probably be answered by a researcher. Thanks.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: General
10/2/2017
Expert: Michael, Librarian replied 10 months ago
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good evening Gary,

Difficult to find an actual number to verify the 500K that this company claims. Many can be so small in very tiny countries that they are not listed in any database. Here is a chart that lists on average the number found in countries around the world

http://actimedia.com/pr_agency/

Market research firm "IBIS" offers a number calculated at 116,781

https://www.ibisworld.com/industry-trends/global-industry-reports/business-activities/public-relations-agencies.html

A complete list does not seem to be available by many of the sources I am aware of. There are though many that list the top agencies in the world:

https://www.holmesreport.com/ranking-and-data/world-pr-report/agency-rankings-2015/top-250

https://www.holmesreport.com/ranking-and-data/global-pr-agency-rankings/2017-pr-agency-rankings/top-250

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Take care,

Michael