General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

How many salons are there in each major city in America, i…

Customer Question
Hi how many salons...

Hi how many salons are there in each major city in America

Expert's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.

I did

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

How many updo hairstyles are performed in a year

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: General
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Expert: Dr. Donna Kakonge, Retired College Professor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Donna Kakonge
Dr. Donna Kakonge, Retired College Professor

Dear Customer,

This is a fascinating question, and thank you for asking it. I will find out the answer for you in just a moment.

Thank you. Just a moment.

Dear Customer,

According to Data USA, the hair salon industry ranks 51st among 266 industries in the America. The estimated number of employees in this market is 707,998 in total across America. The average age of employees working in hair salons is 38.6. The estimated job growth in this field is 0.4%. The average salary in this field is $22,612.00. The average salary for men in the hair industry is $30,373.00. The average female salary in the hair industry is $21,803.00. The average person in the hair industry works 41.8 hours per week.

According to SBDC Net Market Research, there are about 86,000 hair salons throughout America. Eighty-two thousand of these salons are beauty salons and 4,000 of them are barber shops. The revenue that this industry earns is $20 billion per year.

This is from IBIS World:

Although the distribution of establishments falls in line with the national population, the Mid-Atlantic has a disproportionately higher number of establishments relative to population. According to the latest Census data, the Mid-Atlantic region accounts for 15.3% of the US population, compared with 23.4% of industry establishments. This is largely attributed to the high concentration of people in major cities spanning New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey, which hold a respective 9.4%, 6.3% and 5.0% of total establishments.

There are approximately 4,000,000 million updo styles that are performed in any one given day from a researched estimate (Kakonge, 2017). This would then calculate to 1,460,000,000 updo hairstyles performed in one year in America.

I only receive payment once you rate my response positively for this question. I certainly do hope that I will receive a positive rating from you.

Hi Thank you I would like to know the average price of a updo hairstyle in the salons?

Dear Customer,

This would be an additional question. Would you be willing to pay $14.00 extra for the answer?

Expert: Michael, Librarian replied 11 months ago
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Good afternoon,

As to your question about an updo hairstyle, on average the cost is between $45-$80. The link below goes into averages found across the country:

https://www.howmuchisit.org/how-much-does-an-updo-cost/

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Take care,

Michael

Take care,

Michael