General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Dear English literature expert Is there a good translation…

Dear English literature expertIs there...
Dear English literature expertIs there a good translation of Rumi available o. The net ?I know there is a German lady names Andrea .....
Or something like thatWho has a good translation of Rumi poemsHow can I find it ?https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumi
9/12/2017
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good afternoon,

There are a number of translation taken from the original Persian. Books that you can find at your local library would be a good start. Look for those such as translation by author Coleman Barks. https://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/the-erasure-of-islam-from-the-poetry-of-rumi

Other translators to look at include Nader Khalili as link below offers translations:

http://www.blissbat.net/rambles/rumi_compare.html

Additional sites on the net:

http://rumisite.com/english/

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian
Many thank

You are very welcome.

Take care,

Librarian Michael