General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

I am looking for some new very good online programs that…

I am looking for some...
I am looking for some new very good online programs that will interest elementary and also some for middle school students and will most importantly provide some good skill practice and development of critical thinking and social awareness. These could be multiple programs that each hit some of my required areas. Thank you experts
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/19/2017
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good evening,

Went ahead to research various online programs that can keep the interest of students while allowing for ideas of critical thinking as well as social awareness.

Some to review include:

1. http://www.jumpstart.com/parents/activities/critical-thinking-activities

2. Projects that can be done at home:

http://www.savvysource.com/kids/c253_critical-thinking_activities

3. Critical thinking and social awareness for students designed for teachers:

https://globaldigitalcitizen.org/10-great-critical-thinking-activities-that-engage-your-students

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Take care,

Librarian Michael

These sources are very helpful thank you so much. Right now you are looking at a $15 tip. If you are interested in a bigger tip and can do the research could you also try to find me some activities similar to the last site that you cited that would be presented as online computer activities the students could do on their computers, especially in the area of global citizens and critical thinking? If this is not your area that's okay I will rate and tip you and maybe another expert could find the online activities. Thanks so much. Steve

Very glad to read that the sites listed above are found useful. As for other sites to look at done on computers:

1. Online Games for Critical Thinking & Problem Solving

http://thinkonline.smarttutor.com/online-games-for-critical-thinking-problem-solving/

2. https://www.smore.com/0udr-fun-critical-thinking-activities

3. Wealth of links on this site:

https://www.exquisite-minds.com/best-thinking-games-online/

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian
These are fantastic new sites Michael. You have really helped me a lot. Steve

Very happy I can be of assistance. These sites should offer a great way for students to learn these valuable skills.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Librarian Michael

Michael
Michael
Michael, Librarian