General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

I'd like suggestions for my independent insurance agency's…

Customer Question
I'd like suggestions for...

I'd like suggestions for my independent insurance agency's name

Expert's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.

My name is***** offer auto, home, business and life insurance in the Baltimore, md area

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

The area I am in is saturated with other agencies. So it's very competitive landscape

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: General
8/5/2017
Expert: Sarah, Teacher replied 11 months ago
Sarah
Sarah, Teacher

Hello! Welcome to the site. My name is ***** ***** I would like to help you with your question. Choosing a name for a business is an important decision. Congratulations on starting your own independent insurance agency. I have a few name suggestions for you; I hope you fill find them helpful:

• Monumental Insurance (this name sounds good and ties in with Baltimore being named the "Monumental City" by John Quincy Adams)
  • Blue Crab Insurance (this is a memorable name and ties in with the famous Chesapeake Blue Crabs that Baltimore is famous for serving). Also, since "B" is the second letter of the alphabet, it will be pretty high up on an alphabetical list of insurance companies in the area and the name "Blue Crab" would lend itself to many possibilities for a creative logo
  • Massari Insurance (this might be too simple a suggestion, but your last name actually sounds pretty good, and in Arabic it means "money" which seems to tie into the insurance business fairly well)
  • Life Assurance (this is a play on words with "life insurance" and fits well because insurance provides "assurance" for its buyers).
  • All4U Insurance (this name has dual meaning - it refers to the insurance being "all for" the customer, but can also refer to you having "all four" types of insurance - auto, home, business, and life insurance. Also, names that start with "A" are always a plus because they will be at the top of alphabetical lists of agencies.

I hope that these name suggestions have been helpful for you. It is my goal to provide you with excellent customer service. If you feel that I have done that, a 5-star rating would be appreciated. If you need further assistance, please let me know. Have a wonderful day and good luck with your insurance agency! Sarah

I appreciate the suggestions. But they are very generic. 2 of the names are ***** ***** names of insurance carriers. I was hoping for something a little more creative.

I understand and apologize that these suggestions do not meet your needs. I will opt out of this question and open it up to my colleagues so that someone else can come forward with their suggestions. I wish you much success with your business. Sarah

Expert: Michael, Librarian replied 11 months ago
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Good afternoon,

In terms of possible names for your new insurance company, thought that using various nicknames of Baltimore could be something that shows city pride as clients will know that your agency works for them in their community. Some names include:

Clipper City insurance

Charm City Insurance

B'More Insurance

Taking the insurance part of the agency and mixing it up a bit to be a bit creative:

Insuresys

Insurety

Insurity

Insuron

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Take care,

Michael