General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

Dear Expert, Not moving body (standing still) Nowadays I see

Dear Expert,Not moving body (standing...
Dear Expert,Not moving body (standing still)Nowadays I see in the streets that many artists stand still and do not move at all. I have the following questions:1- what is the name of this arts?
2-how do they do it? What skills it's requires to do something like that?Many thanks
7/16/2017
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Good afternoon,

It seems that this type of art is called "Living Statue". The article attached goes into detail on artists and how they can become a living statue for those to witness:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/6005028/Living-statues-the-art-of-not-falling-over.html

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian
Many thanks

You are welcome as here is something that is similar in the art of standing still (living statue). Going on for many years, The Pageant of the Masters is where people stand as famous paintings. Very interesting and also very popular with folks:

The become "living pictures"

https://www.foapom.com/event/pageant-of-the-masters-opening-day/

Take care,

Michael

55357;���

Have a great week.

Michael

Michael
Michael
Michael, Librarian