General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Dear Education Expert, I have heard that there are some

Dear Education Expert,I have heard...
Dear Education Expert,I have heard that there are some universities in the US that I can get a PHD on my inventions/existing educations.How can I find them ?Many thanks
5/28/2017
jennem22
jennem22, Consultant

I'm sorry, that is not the case.

While you might not need, in some very few cases, ongoing study at that school, to receive an American PhD you do require a general examination in your subject, a new dissertation that is presented, defended, and accepted, and a public oral examination. This process takes, on average, 3 years, although some do it in 2. The typical turnaround is 5 or 6 years in a respected program.

While there are "diploma mill" schools that claim to give you a PhD solely based on previous work, these are not accepted as legitimate. You will spend a lot of money for something that is not actually recognized as legitimate.

A PhD is respected for good reason: the verifiable work taken to achieve one. There are no true shortcuts.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Please let me know if I can help further.

I see that this question remains "open." How can I help you further? I strive to always provide five-star service.

I am happy to continue to work with you until you are completely satisfied.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you Jennifer for your help.
I have produced a new method of treatment for PTSD. I would like to continue developing it and finally get a PHD based on that.Is it possible at all ?
How can I do it ?Many thanks.

That would be a feasible project to use as part of your PhD process, and perhaps as your dissertation.

The way to do that would be to enter a PhD process based on that application, and continue your project under their guidance to be sure it qualifies for your degree.

Jennifer

jennem22
jennem22, Consultant
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Many thanks ����

I saw your other question and accidentally closed it...

Do you have an undergraduate and Master's degree?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a post graduate degree

University of Delaware,

Villanova

Northeastern

Many others...I'd suggest reaching out to the National Science Foundation's Graduate Research Fellowship Program.

Jennifer