Ellen, Consultant
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
9968427
Type Your Question Here...

I have an old family & G roll top desk and I cannot figure

Customer Question

I have an old family B & G roll top desk and I cannot figure out what the trick is to rolling the top down. I see there is apiece of wood stopping it - but think I remember there was a trick to letting the top down
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: it is very good old oak with many cubby drawers. Large and has two pull out writing places - one on each side. I have the original key.
Category: General
Expert:  jennem22 replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** company has worked in antique furniture restoration for many years. That said, this is a new question--I've never seen this problem--but I'm going to research it for you. It may take a bit, as I'm trying to reach a colleague to ask if they've had this issue.

Jennifer

Expert:  jennem22 replied 5 months ago.

Is it possible to post a photo? There are a few different top styles for these desks, and it would help me identify the model and find the trick you need.

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

If you need help with photos, you can call Customer Service at no charge at 1-***-***-****. The phone call pop-up you may get is for help with the actual appraisal, not for technical stuff like photos. There’s no charge for customer service to help you with photos.