General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

I hope I'm directing this question to the proper expert but…

I hope I'm directing this...
I hope I'm directing this question to the proper expert but here goes. I'm giving a series of 6 scientific lectures on 2 days (3 per day). They are PowerPoint, but my concern is that in the time allotted to me, I'm going to overload them with information and that they may "glaze over." I am planning to add illustrations and anecdotes to break up the monotony, but do you have any suggestions about additional filler material I can add that will offer relief? I'm trying to think of some sort of educational game but haven't really done anything with this idea so far. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thank you.
4/14/2017
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Hi Mary,

Common question on our site as trying to keep the audience interested in your presentation. Here are some tips to try to add to your presentation:

1. Ideas such as telling a quick story to visual images:

https://www.ragan.com/Main/Articles/PowerPoint_5_techniques_to_excitenot_boreyour_audi_44153.aspx

2. Show excitement and interest when talking:

https://magneticspeaking.com/8-ways-to-transform-boring-topic-into-engaging-presentation/

3. Some good tips:

http://business.financialpost.com/business-insider/7-excellent-ways-to-start-a-presentation-and-capture-your-audiences-attention

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian