General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

I am driving from my home in Maryland to rent an apartment…

Customer Question
I am driving from...

I am driving from my home in Maryland to rent an apartment in Salt Lake City. I don't know what the address is yet. How do I have my mail held and then forwarded to my new address when I learn what it is.

Expert's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

I will not know what my new address is until next week

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: General
3/21/2017
Expert: Michael, Librarian replied 1 year ago
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Good afternoon,

Not a problem as the post office can be of help with this. Since you know that you will be moving to Salt Lake City, mail can be forwarded to the local post office under"General Delivery". This delivery service allows for mail to be delivered to the post office in Salt Lake without an address. Mail then will be held for 30 days and can be picked up when you arrive in Salt Lake. Once you rent an apartment, you can then fill out a "Change of Address" to allow your mail to be delivered to your new residence.

Here is the form to be filled out for General Delivery:

http://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2010/pb22280/html/updt_018.htm

And here is the Change of Address form for when you move into your new residence:

https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/home/icoa-main-flow.do?execution=e1s1&_flowId=icoa-main-flow

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Take care,

Michael