Ellen, Consultant
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
9968427
Type Your Question Here...

I can program my cash register for time date and local tax.

Customer Question

I can program my cash register for time date and local tax. I need to program a 10% premium for to go orders and an 18% premium for parties over 6. I have called the Sharp technic***** *****ne at least 5 times and they cannot help me.
Category: General
Expert:  BestOne1943 replied 12 months ago.

I must first know the model of Sharp and do you have a manual?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I do not have a manual. The model is Sharp xe-a102

The easiest way to program an add on fee is to use Tax 2 and Tax 3. Most registers come with up to three tax rate options because some states have multiple tax rates. If you were able to set up your local tax rate, then go to "Tax 2" and enter your %s accordingly. They are in fact a tax, right? Then at the end of the day the report will show how much tax/fee was charged. Do you follow what I am proposing?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Yes I do. The problem now is that the tax rate is not able to set up 2 digit tax rates. in other words, when I programmed the local tax rate of 5.3% it has to be entered as 53000, If I want to tax at 10% it comes out 1.0000 additionally the 18% shows at 1.8% because there is no decimal point. I don't know if it can be programmed to accept a decimal point or not.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Did you get that last message?

Yes, I got interrupted, see if you can open this link and look carefully at the tax programming. Your register allows 4 rates and there appears to be a decimal...

http://files.sharpusa.com/Downloads/ForBusiness/POSSolutions/ElectronicCashRegisters/Manuals/cas_man_XEA102.pdf

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I've done that. I need a someone to guide me step by step because these instructions are greek to me and they have not worked thusfar

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

hello.......

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Just disregard............the answers or lack thereof are insufficient. please refund my money