Ellen, Consultant
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
9968427
Type Your Question Here...

How does a claim adjuster come up with the cost to repair a

Customer Question

How does a claim adjuster come up with the cost to repair a roof and ceiling that was damage by a hurricane?
Category: General
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

They use standard price data for your area for whatever type of damage has occurred. But it's best to get an independent quote from your own contractor before accepting the insurance company's settlement offer. If there is a big discrepancy you can usually negotiate a better settlement.