Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

I would like to know all the possible places I have to

I would like to know all the possible places I have to contact in New York City, to find out if they have my passport, since I lost it last friday, while I was walking down the street (it happened in Manhattan).

Good afternoon,

Sorry to hear that your passport was lost. In terms of contacting various places to see if your passport has been turned in,

check first with the Federal office that deals with passports to report it lost:

From the U.S. & Canada1-***-***-****

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/lost-stolen.html

Second, check with the local police department to see if it was turned in. Contact the closest precinct in the area you lost the passport:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/home/contact_information.shtml

I would also check with the local post office as it could have been turned into their department.

I hope that within time that your passport is returned to you. Please let me know of any additional questions/concerns you might have as well as if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Take care,

Librarian Michael