A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

I want to know my IQ score, I took the test about 1952. I'm

Customer Question

I want to know my IQ score
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: I took the test about 1952. I'm 78 yearsold. I went to Clifton, NJ High school
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?
Customer: My name is*****
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.

Hello, Andrew,

School records aren't kept forever. Most are destroyed within 10-15 years at the most after the child leaves the school. Otherwise we would be up to our necks in paper.

You would need to contact your school individually and see if by some miracle they retained the records, but finding anything after about 1990 would be an incredible bit of luck. Perhaps with the current level of technology records can be retained longer on digital media, but those dating as far back as yours are unlikely to still exist.

If someone is curious about their IQ they can always take another IQ test. By the way, IQ has increased about 3 points per decade, and children typically see IQ grow during adolescence (as much as 15-18 points!). No one knows why that happens, but it is observed. Any tests you took back then are unlikely to reflect your IQ today.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks

You're so very welcome. I'm sorry the records no longer exist.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~