How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler Your Own Question
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 16308
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...
A. Schuyler is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an insurance agent and have had an independent agency.

Customer Question

i am an insurance agent and have had an independent agency. i am dissolving my agency and need to get tail insurance coverage. do i need to purchase that from the same company I have had previously
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.


Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.

Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

While you don't have to buy the tail coverage from the same company, it might be easier since they already have all your information. If you can find a better rate though, it's fine to go with another company.

Kind regards,



Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know the tail coverage covers events that occur while the policy is in force but reported after the E & O policy terminates. What about policies that I have written that have a claim after the termination date.

Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

Tail should be written to cover them. It's something you need to discuss with whoever is going to carry your tail coverage.